Skip to main content

Featured Post

Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park infographics: what's built/what's coming/what's missing, who's responsible, + project FAQ/timeline (pinned post)

The Barclays Center loading dock: truck sticks out over curb, forcing pedestrian into street

Yesterday mid-afternoon, I was walking around the project footprint, and turned the corner on Dean Street, walking east from Flatbush Avenue.

I saw a truck aiming to enter the Barclays Center loading dock sticking out over the curb. (So much for that "seamless" function, right?)


When I got closer, I realized I couldn't walk around it. With the help of arena personnel, I crossed midblock.


The teenager below walking west on Dean had to step out into the street.


There were no collisions, thankfully, but it didn't feel too safe. The truck within minutes did get into the loading dock. There's just not much margin for error. And that corner near the loading dock will soon get residents moving into 38 Sixth, perhaps by November.

Comments